Gross receipts refers to all the money that is received by the distributor from the exploitation of a particular motion picture on any platform. This includes theatrical box office sales, home video, pay television, DVD sales, television syndication etc. Gross rentals only refers to total monies paid to the distributor from the box office. This is also referred to as “film rentals”.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter