In the world of television, there are basically three types of roles on a show. A regular, a recurring, and a guest. A guest is role that only appears once or a few times in a series. This happens a lot with case-of-week procedurals. A recurring role is for a character who is continually brought back to show and is an important part of the series’ storyline, however, they do not appear in every episode. In ENTOURAGE, Vince’s director Billy Walsh is a recurring role. A series regular is a role that appears in every episode of the series.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter