Often times when someone wants to reach out to the agent of a particular talent, you’ll hear them ask, “Who runs point on him/her?” They’re essentially asking who the ‘point agent’ is. Most clients, especially the big ones, have a team of agents that service him/her. Within that team is the client’s primary agent who deals with all initial inquiries and is the first person you call when you’re interested in that client’s services. This is known as the point agent, or the agent who ‘runs point’ on that client. For example, Jonah Hill has four agents on his team, but if you have inquiry on his availability you call his point agent Sharon Jackson.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter