AKA the First AC or Focus Puller, this crew member is responsible for making sure that the camera stays in focus through out the duration of the shot. Often times the depth of field changes, or the object that is being shot changes position and it is the job of the first AC to make sure the focus is adjusted properly when these changes happen.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter