This person is the assistant to the gaffer (it can be a boy or a girl). They are responsible for running the daily lighting equipment, and coordinating which lights and grip equipment to have ready on set for a particular scene. They are also responsible for organizing and preparing all the stingers (electric chords) so they can used at a moments notice.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter