Fringes are benefits that an employee (ie actor) will receive that is beyond their payable income. This includes pension, guild costs, and other fees. Each union will have set types of fringe benefits that every production must provide their workers.
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Roundtables – Emmy 2016 Edition
- Get to Know Your Characters by Giving Them a Questionnaire
- How the Box Office Really Works
- What’s the Difference Between an Overall Deal and a First Look Deal?
- What Does it Mean to “Slip a Script” and Why Do People Do It?
- Hollywood Reporter Roundtable Discussions For Your Viewing Pleasure
- Five Films That Prove There Are No Rules When It Comes to Script Structure
- 8 Habits of People Who Always Have Great Ideas
- “Get In Touch With Your Inner 12-Year-Old” and other Directing Tips From Sam Mendes
- Insightful Emmy Round Table Discussions From The Hollywood Reporter